Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Changes and Similarities

This week has been more exciting than recently. In speech class we had a group presentation and needless to say I was dreading it. We used a program called Prezi, which is similar to Powerpoint , except it's more complicated and web based. I went to put my part into the presentation and our whole presentation got deleted. I'm unsure of what I did and I felt really guilty for screwing up my team's work. Thankfully they were nice about it and someone in our group is a Prezi expert and the problem got rectified. We ended up getting 100% so it went great even with the setback. Yesterday we had a guest speaker in government relations and lobbying. Class goes until 8 p.m. and we usually spend the last hour or so working on our group projects for the final exam. Well on this particular day the presenter spoke until about 7:30 and we met in our groups after that. We are allowed to leave whenever our group feels we accomplished enough for the night and our group seemed to be working longer than normal that night. At about 7:50 I realized I had to leave because I get the train at 7:59. Even though it's a short walk and I had nine minutes to get there I felt rushed because I typically leave about 5 minutes earlier. Being in a rush did not work in my favor and I ended up forgetting my notebook in the classroom. I realized this as soon as I got to the train station and had no time to go back to get it. I ended up keeping my composure and emailed my professor and some classmates to see if they picked it up but I got no response. I also called the school and they ended up not being able to locate it either.
The way I reacted to the mishaps I had this week makes me feel very proud. The old me would have lashed out at people that didn't deserve it. Instead I owned up to my irresponsibility and attempted to solve the problem as soon as it occured. Even though I didn't fix the problem with Prezi on my own or find my notebook I handled the stress in the correct manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment